In order for your cosmetic surgery to take place in the best possible conditions and to give the best possible chances for healthy healing and rapid convalescence, it is recommended, and even imperative in certain cases, to follow the advice before cosmetic surgery.
The Advice Before Cosmetic Surgery:
- Do not consume alcohol in the three weeks preceding your procedure. Drinking alcoholic beverages can greatly increase the risk of infection and bleeding. It also delays the healing process.
- Stop smoking one month before your cosmetic or plastic surgery. The consumption of tobacco is also a factor in slowing down healing.
- Consume a lot of foods rich in vitamin A and C because they help your body to strengthen itself and will also help it during the convalescence period. In some cases, your surgeon may prescribe vitamin and iron tablets in addition to those contained in your diet.
- Do not take any medicine containing aspirin and ibuprofen. Anticoagulants and certain anti-inflammatory drugs to treat osteoarthritis should also be prescribed two weeks before. In any case, ask your cosmetic surgeon for advice.
- Avoid excessive consumption of carbohydrates such as rice, potatoes, white bread or sweets two weeks before your procedure. Lowering animal protein and sodium can also help your body have less bruising and aid in faster healing.
- Three days before your operation, wash the area to be operated on daily with neutral soap.
- In the case of breast surgery or arm surgery, avoid shaving your armpits a few days before so as not to increase the risk of infection in the scars that will be placed at this level.
- Do not eat anything on the day of the operation. This detail is important if the day of the intervention corresponds to the day of your arrival in Seattle.
- Avoid beauty products such as creams, make-up or deodorant on the day of the procedure.
- In the case of an outing the same day, plan a person with you to accompany you. It would also be interesting to provide sunglasses, a scarf and a hat for procedures related to facial surgery.